The Little Big History of Alkaline Batteries
- Common battery types include alkaline batteries, carbon zinc batteries, lithium batteries, lithium-ion batteries, manganese dioxide batteries, nickel cadmium batteries, nickel metal hydride, lead acid, silver oxide, and zinc air batteries
- Two battery types that are usually compared over their pros and cons are alkaline and nickel metal hydride batteries.
- Duracell batteries, a supplier of NiMH batteries, sells them for a price of $14.11 cents. NiMH, rechargeable batteries, have a voltage of 1.2.
- Alkaline batteries are sold for $6.43 cents. Alkaline batteries are non-rechargeable only and have a voltage of 1.5.
- In result of alkaline batteries not being rechargeable, NiMH batteries are usually favored when appliances are used often.
- NIMH batteries are more often used in toothbrushes, cameras, mobile phones, and medical instruments.
- Alkaline batteries are known more because they are used in general appliances.